Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sylvan - the ultimate distraction

I can't believe I let almost two weeks go by without posting!  I feel like I have a great excuse, though.  My sister and her son Sylvan came to visit for 10 days from their home on the other side of the country.  Since they live in Oregon, I don't get to see them nearly enough.  Also - if you've ever spent any time with a 21 month old you'll know, they don't like to let you sit at your computer and work!  Of course, as adorable as they are you don't want to either.  

Anyway, I'm going to be busy busy busy for the next week catching up, but will try to post some photos as I get them done.  For right now, I leave you with one photo from Heather and Sylvan's trip.  This is a self portrait taken by auto-timer with the camera on a tripod. (By the way, it is true that right before the click it is inevitable for at least one person to look away, close their eyes, talk, or do something else that creates the need for a do-over!)


From left: 
My mother Paula - aka Oma (grandmother in German)
Me - aka Cago (Sylvan's name for me, don't know why!)
My sister Heather - aka Mama
Sylvan - aka Baby (he calls himself baby)
My father Stephen - aka Saba (grandfather in Hebrew)
My aunt Bobby - aka Tia (aunt in Spanish)

*We hope that next year this photo will also include Heather's husband Ryan (aka Papa) as he was unable to get the time off work this year!!

No comments: