Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My trip to Oregon

I just got back from a great vacation.  My birthday was January 31st, and to celebrate I flew out to see my sister and her family for 10 days!   I took a ton of photos while I was there, of course. This is my adorable nephew, Sylvan.   The photos I take of him are what I like to call lifestyle portraits or casual portraits.   They are natural and comfortable.

Here he is with Papa Ryan playing the Mbira, an African Instrument. Look at those hands go!



Sylvan is "a boy's boy." He loves to wear his overalls and use his toolbox.


Sylvan is quite curious about my camera. He was told he could look, but not touch - so he's looking!


We gave him a huge spoon with peanut butter. He couldn't quite figure out how to get all the peanut butter off, but he sure enjoyed it.






Sylvan is lucky enough to have Jessica take care of him a few days a week while his momma and papa are at work. Here he is giving her a kiss. Jessica brings her baby Azure with her every day as well.



Jessica set up a tent for Sylvan, and he's inspecting its doorway.



I don't know exactly why, but I just love this photo. Something about the colors and the contrast of Sylvan in his pjs on such a nice chair. He was so tired.

No comments: